The Learning & Resource Section - Land Law

This section of the CaseReVision website is specially aimed at sharing the wide range of facts and information concerning British and UK law. They are both current and historical, tha aim being to expanding your knowledge on the subject.

We will be regulary expanding the content and the range of subjects. Make sure you regularly visit to improve your revision and keep up-to-date.

What is Land?

Law of Property Act 1925, Section 205(1)(ix) states that…

"…land of any tenure, and mines and minerals, whether or not held apart from the surface, buildings or parts of buildings (whether the division is horizontal, vertical or made in any other way) and other corporeal hereditaments; also a manor, an advowson, and a rent and other incorporeal hereditaments, and an easement, right, privilege, or benefit in, over, or derived from land."

UK casino law

If you are an investor, then you need to take a course in UK casino law. This is because you could be sued by a casino for any number of reasons. The most common reasons are due to the way you wagering your money, or gambling, and you have been fined by the local court. You might even be facing a criminal trial, and if you are then you will want to hire the services of a competent criminal attorney, and there are some very good lawyers out there that can help you get through this ordeal. You may also be sued if a casino refuses to refund your money when they make a mistake or if you are the victim of fraud. No matter what the reason is, you will need the right kind of defense if you have been sued, and you will want to hire a lawyer with experience in your area of expertise.

Many states actually have their own casino laws, and if you are looking to start up a casino of your own then you will want to consider taking a course in casino UK law, and organizations like Gamstop. While this might seem like an expensive hobby, the experience and knowledge that you gain in this area will definitely pay off later down the road. You can learn how to draft the appropriate lawsuits, how to protect yourself from fraud, and how to defend your investments. You can also learn about state gambling laws as well and make sure that you know how to navigate these laws so that you are in compliance. But if you need to remove gamstop you need to hire a good lawyer.

If you are just getting started with a casino then it might be wise to consider hiring an attorney to handle your case, but if you already have a casino, you may want to look into learning how to handle your own legal cases, and this may be the best option. You will want to be prepared, and you can learn how to draft the appropriate lawsuits as well. There are many great attorneys out there that can help you with your particular needs, and they are out there for your benefit. You simply have to know where to look. There are many legal services companies online that provide specialized services, and you will want to do some research on these companies to make sure you get quality legal representation. You might be pleasantly surprised with the quality of their service, if you only take the time to do your homework.

How far does Ownership of Land Extend?

Airspace-Above the Land:

It is important to understand that the owner of the property does not just own the building itself. Cuius est solum eius est usque ad coelom et ad inferos, in Latin roughly translated, means that the owner of a piece of land owns "up to the heavens above" and "down to the depths of the earth below". In Berstein of Leigh (Baron) v Skyviews & General Ltd. [1978], it was established that a landowner can claim ownership of airspace to such a height 'as is necessary for the ordinary use and enjoyment of his land and the structures upon it.'

Below the Surface:

Anything below the surface is said to be owned by the landowner even if they are unaware that the object is there. However there are certain exceptions in relation to minerals-if they are coal, natural gas or oil, they are state-owned and covered by statute and need a licence to extract them. Further, if there is gold and silver on the land, these are owned by the Crown as found in the Treasure Act 1996.

Your Are Correct !
Your Are Incorrect !